Monday, March 28, 2016

Eating out


On Saturday John and Melanie treated us to lunch.  We wanted to go to our favorite creperie,
but we discovered that the tables were reserved for a party or eight. The restaurant can seat only about 20 people.  We left and wandered down rue Amelie.  Melanie was the one who saw the little Italian restaurant serving lunch for 12,90 Euros.  We went into the crowded restaurant that is not much bigger than the creperie that we like and ordered lunch.
I have no regrets.  I enjoyed my Italian food very much.    However, I think that only Asians seem to know how to cook vegetables.  I like them a little bit crisp with maybe a  dab of butter.
Gusto's vegetables looked lovely and tasted okay but they were very tender and bathed in olive oil. Will I go back?  Of course, that depends on the Professor, but the pizza look

Image result for gusto italian restaurant on rue amelie paris

11 rue Amelie
I will have to go around the corner and take a picture of the restaurant.  This Gusto is a store
but the restaurant looks very similar




This is my main course of veal meatballs (boulettes au veau).
The boulettes were very good. 


Melanie and Elaine



The Professor had lasagna made with gorgonzola cheese.  The bite that he shared was very good.
I have had gorgonzola in a fresh salad before and thought it was too strong, but cooked it was mild.

Map of Rue Xavier Privas, 75005 Paris


17 rue Xavier Pravis


John and Melanie came across this Moroccan restaurant one afternoon while sightseeing in the Latin Quarter. They recommended it and the Algerian restaurant next door. I did not think that we
were going to find this tiny street tucked away off the main roads, but the Professor found it without
trouble.  It took us awhile to decide where we wanted to eat.  The tiny street is filled with restaurants and  eat of them has someone outside inviting customers into their establishment.  This marketing approach is not a favorite of either of us.  But we decided that despite the advertisers in the street
we would try au Bon Couscous.  I enjoyed the food.  I especially liked all of the white raisins served with our couscous.  The stew was very similar to our usual restaurant.  
The one surprise
was that without any expression of interest on our part, we were served a small glass of wine/cider.
It smelled like apple juice.  However, my tiny taste reminded me of cough medicine.  
Not at all enticing. 





à votre santé





No comments:

Post a Comment